Apply to this program through a central application. Review the sections below before you begin.
Admission requires approval of a departmental entrance committee, who will examine the applicant’s potential for program success. Our goal is to create a well-balanced cohort of students.
Admission to the program is based on the following:
- A completed Missouri State University Graduate Application in the GradCAS admission system. All university-wide requirements for graduate study must be met.
- The following supplementary material:
- A Writing Sample (maximum 10 pages) of the applicant’s best work. This may be in either screenplay format, stage play format, or prose;
- A 300- to 800-word Statement of Purpose, describing the reasons and goals behind the applicant’s interest in graduate study and the direction of intended research;
- At least one Letter of Recommendation from an individual able to speak of the applicant’s academic achievements and potential;
- The name, title, and contact information of at least two other References (either academic or professional) willing to support the applicant’s candidacy.
All matters relating to admission are the applicant's responsibility.