Ursa Minor Film Festival
In spring of 2021, the Department of Media, Journalism and Film will host the first Ursa Minor Film Festival. This event is exclusively for Missouri high school students.
First-place winners of each category will be awarded a one-on-one session with a member of our distinguished faculty.
Winners will also receive free publicity headshots, an interview and spotlight on the MJF website.
We look forward to promoting the creativity and artistic vision of young filmmakers in our state.
If you want to submit your film click here.
- Drama (short) 5 minutes or less
- Comedy (short) 5 minutes or less
- Short screenplay 10 pages or less
- Documentary/Journalism package (short) 5 minutes or less
- One-minute movie
- Entrant must be enrolled in a Missouri high school or a Missouri resident, age 15-19.
- Entrant must have the permission of a legal guardian or school faculty member to submit their film.
- The film's crew must be comprised of only high school age students. (Adults/children may be cast as actors.)
- Entrant must submit original work.
- By entering the contest, entrant acknowledges Missouri State University retains the right to show and include the submitted film in promotional material.
- All music and other copyrighted materials must be properly licensed.
- All entries must be in English or have English subtitles.